How tightly do you grip the handle?

• Baller_

Maybe also comment what line length you consistently run? in case there seems to be more of a consistent answer among different skill groups.

How tightly do you grip the handle? OR: How much do you wrap your fingers around the handle?

1 being the loosest, 4 the tightest, with reference pics below (yes, I have strangely short pinky fingers).

1: 2t1t0h6zoctr.jpg

2: j19movmt4t20.jpg

3: mkt1uo9fopz5.jpg

4: kwc8bgrf21ce.jpg

• Baller
As the handle rubber wears down my grip changes a bit, and so does the consistency of my skiing. A new handle grip I feel like I’m holding at a 2, whereas a worn handle and I feel like I am gripping at a 3. In my view I would want to be gripping at a 2 as that produces less stress on your arms and elbows. I ski at 34mph 28-32 off.

• Baller

I start the course loose and by 3 ball I'm probably up to 11

By over gripping we tell our sympathetic nervous system 'stress mode' and nothing good happens in stress mode

The best solution I've found is setting up for the gate smile and adjust the handle toward your finger tips.

The Smile while relaxing your facial muscles and upper traps tells your autonomic nervous system to chill. Get centered over the ski and Go!

'Performance rock climbing' is a great book I read years ago that talks about this stuff and balancing the optimal amount of psyche with breathing and 'tension control' promotes not over gripping and pumping out on the rock (or pulling too long).

• Baller
2 to 3 for me. I used to be a 4 but have been working on trying to lighten up the grip a bit as I've gotten older. It seems that when I grip really hard I also subconsciously bend the arms which leads to all kinds of bad things. It's also much easier on the hands and it's been a few years since I've ripped off a big callous! I run -32/-35 @ 32 mph.

• Baller
A light effortless grip seems to work for me and it keeps the calluses to a minimum. Sort of the same mindset of a light grip on the bars of a motorcycle or bicycle reduces any sudden inputs. idk, but that sounds sorta scientific and stuff.....:)

• Baller

@DaveD @RAWSki's handle is a darker pink, haha

I have to believe that was an old handle that sat on the shelf possibly? Although, it was put thru 46 sets in May, and it's a Radar, so they covered it under warranty, thumbs up for Radar!