Straight or radius handle for stack

foxriverat

• Baller

Getting ready to order a new handle. I know the radius helps with elbow issues. But is one better at helping with a stack position. (Besides the obvious me) I have a ML 13 monster 1 inch radius now that's wearing out. Decided on In Tow ARS 12 spectra 1.062 I dont have any elbow issues. So is one better then the other to help with a stacked position.

• Baller
Probably personal preference but feel the radius puts my hands in more natural position. And has definitely helped my elbows. But that’s just me. I might ski back to back sets soon with different handles to see the difference. Been on the radius so long now I don’t remember.

• Baller
Go radius. As far as stack I don't know but I look at this more as a body parts longevity issue as I'm well into my 50's. Put your hands straight out in front of you, palms up, an inch or two apart to simulate their distance apart when gripping the handle and notice the natural angle of your hands and the effort it takes to straighten your hands. I know you don't grab the handle both palms up...but you will notice the extra strain on the tendon on the inside of your forearms which means higher risk of tendon issues on your palm up forearm with a straight handle. Why risk it?

• Baller

I changed last year to a curved handle from a straight handle. Also, at the same time I went to a smaller radius, so my fingers would get around it a little more.

One of those two has made a big difference for me. My blister issues aren't as bad anymore and my strength and endurance are also significantly higher. I'm sold!!! Now which aspect am I actually sold on? Not sure.

• Baller
Thanks gentleman. I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I searched and couldn't find anything on the subject so figured I would ask. Being that I just turned 60 I will stick with a radius. @Dacon62 nice test. @Andre you and me both?

• Baller

One issue I run into using a bent handle (being RFF and non-baseball bat grip), when reconnecting at the finish of one ball my right hand tends to end up in the middle of the handle rather than to the right of middle where it should be.

Doesn't affect my stack, but is a distraction and can lead to a missed grab further down the course.

But yes, like others, I believe it helped with elbow tendinitis.

• Baller

I just bought my first radius handle, because it seems like a more natural position. Do it now, sitting at your desk. When you put your hands in handle position, they are curved and to straighten them takes effort. So having my new handle which I enjoy, I have been looking at a lot of videos of pros and I dont think I've seen a single radius handle.