Slalom vests

Hey Ballers, I currently have a "way past used" O'brien Elite vest, which has worked great, but looking to upgrade. I have seen reviews on the Stokes Blue Steel and Evo 2. Those look great. Just wanted to get opinions on other vests manufacturers such as the Eagle, Aide, HO, etc. Which vests are durable, offer the most freedom, floatation, etc.

• Baller_
Going from a 2016 to a 2019 Obrien vest, it appears the sizing has changed a bit, for me staying dimensionally consistent, the new vest is 'roomier' than the old one. 2016 fit nice and snug, 2019 a bit on the loose side. Can't speak for other brands and it was not the exact same vest as previous one was not available. Just an FYI if you go online order w/o trying on.

• Baller

I have been a Fan of and used the Eagle Platinum for many years, but this year I switched to the NEW Ultralite. It is by far the best vest I have ever skied. Go check one out, it virtually weighs nothing. Sheds water and fits so well you hardly know your wearing a vest at all. I actually went down one size because it stretches so well. 5 Stars !!!!

• Baller
Go with the Stokes you won’t be disappointed! Both @Rednucleus and I have a Stokes vest and really like them. @Rednucleus bought his this year after using his old vest for what seems like forever. If you know him he knows quality and a good product and won’t buy just any thing. Plus the customer service from @Thomasasher is over the top!

• Baller
I wish all of the vest manufactures hadn't quit putting straps on them. You are trusting a lot that the zipper won't come down in a bad crash when you really need it. (and they do come down, I have experienced and heard from others that they came down on several brands.)

• Baller
@skiinxs I see what you are saying. I recently got a Stokes EVO 2 vest and I love it. This morning, though, the zipper came completely undone in a fall. I'm ok, but I was surprised to see my vest still attached to me only by the arm holes.

• Baller

I have O'Neil Slasher and so does my son. Vests fit will and have never let go in a fall. They are light. do not hold a lot of water and dry well. After 4 years the material is separating from filler and the stitching is coming undone from one of the vests. We have been very happy with these vests and will probably buy new ones. At this point do to Covide selection is limited in Canada.

• Baller_

For the budget minded. I have had this for over a year now. I was skeptical do to the price but I'm very impressed. Crazy flexible and floats way better than the pictures would have you believe. A years worth of use and still looks like new. All stitching has remained in tact and no fading. Taken a couple good crashes and it did really well to protect my ribs. The price included shipping.

https://tantrumtowropes.com/product/competition-wake-vest/