Road trip from Salt Lake to Orlando in August

TEL

• Baller

We're flying to Salt Lake for a family commitment mid-August. Thinking of road-tripping home beginning August 16, Sunday. Hoping to ski in the Salt Lake area on August 16 if possible, heading home via two possible routes (see the maps). Anyone know of ski lakes along the way where we could pay for a pull through a slalom course? We're hoping to ski home in as many states as possible. We have six days to make it from SLC to Orlando. Love to meet other BOS people.ixux69q8cyar.png

cgfspr5ja4sh.png

• Baller
I’d suggest the northern route given there isn’t any skiing in New Mexico (other posts asking about it), while several options exist in Colorado and Kansas. You could start with the google earth file with many Known lakes listed (some info is out of date, but it IS a start).

• Baller

@TEL Scot Chipman asked me to post for him on this thread. He's a great guy on a great site and would be up for a pay for pull out at stillwater in Syracuse, UT while you are here in the valley.

Hit me up, if you're interested, on a PM and I can get you contact info.

• Baller

Also, just looking at your map, maybe a hybrid is best. From Utah, go to I-70, but then stay on I-70 until Denver. I have seen some lakes in Grand Junction. Likely you could get something there. Plus that I-70 drive through Colorado is WAY prettier than the I-80 drive through Wyoming.

Also, to get to I-70, use Highway 6 instead of I-15 or Hwy 89 like your map shows now. That's what I would do anyway.

• Baller

Also, Joel says I have a "pretty nice ski site at the bottom of some massive mountains" in case you want to ski the scum on Utah Lake. It's...uh...quite the experience. You're better off taking up Chipman on his offer for Stillwater - it's beautiful up there, but if something goes wrong there, Utah Lake might be a decent backup.