All in length of a 2000 MC ProStar 190

503Kento

• Baller

I’m in the embryonic stage of looking for a new to me boat. After some initial research, I’m thinking of a 2000 ProStar 190.

One of my constraints is the length of my garage (21’3”). Assuming a removable swim step and single axle trailer, can the 2000 190 fit? I know the hull is 19’6” I just don’t know how much more is required for the trailer.

Can some with a 190 of that vintage give me the total length measurement?

Thanks,

Kent

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller
If you cannot put the boat in at an angle I think you'll have a very hard time fitting it in a garage that is less than 2 feet longer than the boat. Even given a swing away tongue you'll still have the winch and all that to worry about.

• Baller

@Horton, the platform lifts off on that boat. Doesn't fold.

@503Kento I think the trailer you have will be the biggest impact. Does the tongue swing?

My dad has a 00 PS 190. He has a 20' deep garage and the boat goes in an angle with the platform removed and tongue swung. Ultimately you just need to know how much length the tongue adds to the boat.

We used to get a 94 PS 205 in the same garage...

• Baller

Thanks for the reply’s guys. The two foot plus hull length @BrennanKMN mentioned makes sense as that’s what I have now with my 1985 Centurion. I have the lift off brackets like @keithh2oskier stated now which make is so the exhaust exits stick out further than the brackets. The fold down type @horton mentioned do not give as much room.

Maybe I need to drop back to a 1997 hull (19’ 5”), then using the 2 foot rule, I only need to figure out how to squeeze 2” with maybe some creative sheet rock work ;)

Kent

• Baller

@keithh2oskier yea, I could probably squeeze 2 inches somehow I have limited ability to angle because the other half of the garage is shorter than the boat half.

@dvskier @skihacker yep sheet rock is easy to fix.

• Baller

A decent metal fab shop should be able to tweak the trailer tongue to get it folding closer to the bow. A few years ago I rebuilt my trailer tongue so the hinge is just behind the tip of the bow, when the tongue is folded, nothing on the trailer sticks out in front of or behind the boat. I am not sure what trailer the 2000 would sit on, I am familiar with the '96 and '04, the '04 has a hinge just under the tip of the bow and very little if anything sticks out beyond the hull in the back. The '96 had a slip out tongue with a quick connect on the brake line, it was a terrible design.

Another option - when we learned my boat didn't fit in the garage I was able to convince my wife to let me build a shop. Building a shop is far better than a little sheet rock work.

• Baller

@bcm, thanks for the idea, I would not of thought aftermarket folding tongue was an option without a whole new trailer. I've been lobbying for a shop for a while ;)

@brettmainer, thanks for the input, I'll get some additional input on the 2000 model. I landed there basically because of the the ballast system and anything newer is definitely going to be too long for the garage. I did read somewhere that the pre 98 hull was better.

• Baller
etrailer.com sells a bolt on kit and a weld on version, both are in the $110 range I believe. I went weld on since I was planning to paint the trailer and bleed the brakes. You want it welded right (no backyard booger welds) but any fab shop should be able to handle it pretty quick and easy.