How to fix this binding?

DangerBoy

• Baller

Attached is a photo of an O'brien prodigy binding/boot that I've only used about 10 times or so. You can see that the upper part is starting to separate from the base at the toe.

asi9l6khjjp6.jpg

I was wondering what glue would be best to repair that with. I was hoping someone ( @AdamCord? ) might know what the material is and what adhesive might bond to it well. Hot glue gun maybe?

Does anyone know if that problem was common on those bindings or am I just unlucky and got a rare one that failed like that?

• Baller

@oldjeep I bought the binding new but cheap on SIA last year or the year before. Only used it for the first time near the end of last summer. As such, I'm guessing that O'Brien would not be willing to offer me any warranty support on that binding.

I'm on my summer holidays right now out at my cabin. It's about a one hour drive one way to the nearest town where I would have a decent selection of glues so I went with what I had on hand. That left me with a choice of either Marine Goop, JB Weld and Kwik Weld, Gorilla Glue, regular and 5 min epoxy and an expensive 3M Neoprene and gasket adhesive called 3M 1300. I have used the 3M 1300 on a few things before and it's worked really well so I went with that one. So far, it seems to have been a good choice. It did a good job of bonding the parts together and is holding up very well after a few skis. We'll just have to wait and see how it holds up over the long term.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions. It is much appreciated.