2017 HO tx ski

vic

• Baller

thinking of upgrading to a HO TX 69 inch superlight Ski. I am presently skiing on a 69 Connelly Outlaw and have made several full course passes at 15 of and 26 mph. Have also been looking at the Radar Senate alloy but it will be at list double the price I am about 190# and 5-11'. Anybody got some experience with the TX.

• Baller_
I am very happy with my 2017 67" CX Superlite. I did demo the TX and did not like it. The CX is easy on the body and fun in the course. I went from struggling on 30 mph passes to running a few 34's. I would buy it again. My understanding is the Omni replaced the Superlite. I am 62, 5' 11" 160 lb and usually ski 15 off @ 32mph

• Baller

thanks Rednucleus I am able to get a new 2017 CX superlite blank from a dealer here and maybe go with that. What binding did you get? Does the CX edge hunt or is it stable when going straight.

• Baller_
@vic I have double Animals on mine; stable for me, no obvious edge hunting. Give it a try. For me, the two best things are how easy it is physically to ski longer, and when I get behind in the course, it gives me a chance to catch up or even get early again.

• Baller
The HO SL tx turns out is to large it was a great deal as it came with Vector Boot and Artp and had never seen the water. So am looking at a HO carbon Omni from the local dealer blank cost is 500 canadian. Now to tell the Karen I NEED this ski.

• Baller

Purchased a Omni carbon 67 put connelly sync boot on front and rtp on rear now weather is against me to try it. So early in spring for water test.

Thanks to all those who provided advice on this and other ski's as it really helped to narrow down the purchase.

This is site is a great help to course beginners.