Louisville KY Skiing

Onside135

• Baller

Considering a possible relocation to Louisville. Ahead of salary, schools, housing, quality of life, etc....I’m wondering about skiing opportunities.

But seriously, what’s the ski scene like in the Louisville area? How about Lexington?

• Baller
@Onside135 Here is a link to the information you need: KY ski clubs and ski sites. The last two on the list will be of interest to you. Taylorsville Lake is a public lake around 30 minutes from Louisville, and I am guessing Stillwater is also around 30 - 45 minutes. @LeonL can provide more information about his site in Stillwater. I live in Lexington and the closest ski courses are around an hour away which are those two sites (Taylorsville and Stillwater), plus Williamstown Lake which is an hour north of Lexington where I have a lake house.

• Baller
We are in the Louisville area having recently moved from midwest. If in town, let me know and we can show you the Taylorsville Lake course. Even though public, the course is in a very protected cove, well maintained with little boat traffic and skis very well. Easy access to public boat ramp only two miles from course.

• Baller
We can go out mid day on a Saturday or Sunday and ski the course pretty much uninterrupted, with an occasional fisherman going through. Surprisingly, most are pretty courteous. Before moving to KY, we skied private lakes in the midwest and comparatively, this site is very good.

• Baller
Yes, the Taylorsville Lake ski course is excellent. I skied there last week, the first time in several years. There are buoys in front of the large cove the say "ski course" which sort of act as a no wake zone to some boats.

• Baller

In August of 2022, someone sent me this screenshot, I believe it's called Little Beech Creek. We skied there then, let's just say there were a lot of other boats from jetskis to cruisers in and out all day.

Screenshot_2022-08-06-16-07-54~2.png