Vmax boot repair question

svxwilson

• Baller

I have a pair of 2017 HO Vmax boots. They are coming apart where the outer boot shell that connects to the ski (direct connect) meets the upper leather shell (model that has removable liner). It is glued together.

What kind of glue should I use to re-glue them?

Have tried to call HO several times in the last few weeks to ask them the same question and keep getting a message saying they are in a meeting and will be back soon.... sent them a message on their webpage, I will relay what they suggest for the fix if they get back to me.

What are your thoughts?

• Baller
@svxwilson sorry you’re not getting through on the phones. If you’re trying to reach CS on Tuesday between 3-4 PM they really are in a meeting. Feel free to message me directly here and we’ll see if we can come up with a solution for you. Cheers.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
Had the same problem with mine and HO took great care of me, their customer service is the best in the business in my opinion. Also, before I replaced my vmax setup I used an ample amount of JB Welds Marineweld and had no issues after. Stay stoked, best of luck!

• Baller

All fixed up! Used JB Weld Waterweld for the rear boot that was coming unglued. And had a boot repair shop in town give me a rivet where the front boot was starting to tear.

With @savaiusini (Thanks Sam!) help to pick the correct glue for the situation and provide above and beyond customer service from HO Sports. Since the lower part is glass woven nylon and the upper is a polymer, both plastics essentially, I researched for a waterproof plastic bonder.

Thanks for the help!