Hydrogate vertical adjustment s/n 200

jr

Where should the hydrogate be set to up and down vertically? Ours is down all the way, not sure if it was always like this or if the screws loosened up and it slipped down. The other s/n 200 on out lake has the gate set so that the bottom is flush with the hull. With ours down farther, you can see the spray come up behind the boat. Or are they tuned individually for each boat, and if so, what do you look for?uldifekl8aum.jpg

• Baller_
on a 2008. When you deploy the HG, is the HG supposed to come all the way down to be even with the hull? My neighbors comes down to about 45 degrees and thats all. Also as the HG comes down, the plate screwed to the hull it is hinged on moves up. Is this normal?

• Baller_

My friends 200 does not exhibit the spray behind the gate, so if considered normal it is not consistent across all 200's. Another thread comments on people able to snug up the attachment screws and eliminate the spray.

@DavidN - do you like the prop cone and what was the effect?

• Baller
@Wish the pictures above in the other comments show the Hydro Gate in slalom mode. I believe what your referring to is the box looking part the goes to a 45 when in trick mode. This pulls the gate up.All Hydro Gates are the same until 2019 with the new Ski Nautique

• Baller

@DW

The cone is really just a gimmick.

ACME used to sell them a while back, “Fair Water Cap” was what they called them. I had it still lying around from one of my old Malibus and put it on the SN to clean things up a bit. Not a fan of the exposed cotter pin at the prop nut.

I like the clean look of it, but that’s really it.

No effect on wake/rooster tail whatsoever.