If you enjoyed the Webcast of Nationals, lets make it happen again in 2021!

JeffSurdej

• Baller

We are fundraising early to have a professional webcast of the 2021 GOODE Nationals by the Waterski Broadcasting Company. We need to raise $25k to make it happen, lets see what we can raise to make the webcast happen. IF WE DO NOT HIT OUR GOAL OF $25,000 OR THE WEBCAST DOES NOT TAKE PLACE ALL FUNDS WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL.

Why is it more this year? Part of it is due to the 2 additional days plus a night event. The other part is that in 2020 Lodging, some camera work, and food were covered by AWSA and Bennetts. $25k allows us to have the full production done by the Waterski broadcasting company. If we don't hit $25k there are areas we can reduce cost and still have the webcast but our goal is to have a full production if we can. Every little donation helps. Thanks for your support in 2020, let's make it happen again in 2021!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/webcast-of-2021-goode-nationals

@disland i thought I explained it at least partially. The funding is part of the USOC relationship with USAWSWS. Since the show nationals had a “production line item” that essentially matched up with the USOC funding, it was a sort of natural fit.

In my opinion, this is one area of complexity with the USASWS/AWSA relationship which is something that should be a discussion topic.

To get clear the relationship is a positive thing for waterskiing but how money available is spent is something that certainly should be reviewed. There may be certain restrictions or other speed bumps that define what’s possible.

• Baller
Is USAWS getting advertisement revenue off of the channel due to the AWSA Nationals? Just shy of 70k views on the Nationals videos. If they are receiving ad revenue are we getting any of that back? If not should we move to our own AWSA channel to put funding back into the broadcast?

• Baller

@JeffSurdej by the website you mean team https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Water-Ski. Yea I get that, but the webcast was hosted on youtube I do not know if it was embedded into the new site to drive traffic or not. This is a communication issue moving forward then. Drive traffic to the link that gets us the most benefit.

If AWSA is bringing in views to the new site we should be getting a portion appropriately. If USAWS has their channel set up correctly for monetization they should be receiving ~$3-$5/1000 views from the AWSA Nationals we should be getting if not all or a strong portion of the ad revenue. @70k views already we should be getting ~$210-$350. This wont break the bank but thats a few hotel rooms. Give me a call we can chat. Seems to be lost money here.

If we can have a "production" line item as AWSA Nationals we should. Show ski has 7.5-11.5k.

USAWS has a budget line for USAWS for Nationals TV Production expense at 10k. - Is this being spent? Can we get allocated some of these funds?