Finally running green.

jhughes

• Baller
I think the first time I ran -28 was fall of 2014. 2015 was a great season, ran a ton of 28 that season. Since then it's been one summer after another of basically pissing in the wind with my progress. Trying tons of new skis, fins, boots, settings, just kinda spinning my wheels and getting nowhere for 5 seasons, looking for quick fixes everywhere. For the 2020 season I added a ton of direction, mindset, and discipline (thanks @scoke ) to my previously fairly whimsical skiing approach. Results are showing. I have run 32 (34.2mph, ZO, etc.) the last 3 sets I've been out and the last two were right up the rope into 35 off the dock! 'Bout time! Let the fun begin.

• Baller

Great work.

It's been fun watching you evolve this summer as you finally realized this was a mental sport and not a physical one while upgrading your approach.

Not surprised either once it was obvious you actually started working at skiing versus falling in the typical mindsets of "it's just for fun" or "I don't take it seriously" while floundering around for the last 4 years not getting better.

I believe in you. The real fun part is you're now becoming an actual skier instead of most who "just ski".

• Baller
Finally running green….at least at 32mph. Different approach this year. Figured if I can’t do it slow, then I can’t do it fast. This approach really helped my -28s. Running -28 now easily and early most of time now due to purely focusing on technique at slower speed (32mph). When I jump to 34mph now at -28 it’s doesn’t feel much different or faster because I’m doing the right things I engrained going slower. For years I was beating myself up chasing buoys with little progress and bad habits. Tackling -32 the same way and ran a bunch of back to back passes. A little scrappy on a few but it’s coming together and should be up to 34mph soon and able to grab a couple at -35 by end of summer. Figuring out the work zone, connection, and swing without scrambling is a game changer.