Sarah runs the slalom course!

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

My older daughter Sarah got pretty interested in slalom a few years ago, but it hasn't come naturally to her. She has spent tons of effort working to find a leverage position and commit to it through the wakes. Slowly but surely she continued to progress a bit throughout each season, and then today on literally her last pass of the season (she is off to Northwestern tomorrow morning) SHE RAN THE COURSE!

This is 23mph long line. Naturally, we're all pretty excited. :)

I also hope her dedication and ultimate achievement can be an inspiration to some others who have admitted they find it hard to progress in slalom. It can be done!

• Supporting Member
@"Pat M" Yeah, she had to get pretty darn good to be able to do this, because she doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body and absolutely no "scramble mode." Years ago, when I saw the form she had from imitating Mike and me, I thought she would sail through a slalom course. But there was much more to learn, as it turned out. And she -- literally -- stayed the course.

• Supporting Member

@ToddF She tried the pole vault as a freshman, but didn't get into it. However, she perhaps unknowingly kicked off the bizarre chain of events that lead to me learning how to pole vault.

Btw, I've been meaning to send you a PM about how "my" program is developing, but instead I'll just tell the world right here that I now have three girls who have cleared 9', which -- for MA -- is just about unheard of. I am almost positive that our 3rd best vaulter is better than any other team's third best vaulter.

• Supporting Member

@pcmcon729 @rfa @"Pat M" @rayn THANKS and hopefully you guys will get to see her run some buoys live at some point!

In a bizarre twist, we just learned that she will NOT be returning to the Northwestern campus, which mostly sucks -- BUT extends her ski season a bit!