2021 HO Syndicate Omni??

kylegansel

• Baller
@savaiusini I was trying to get my hands on a new Omega Max last week. I heard the same thing from everyone. “October or November availability.” Bummer for us in the cooler parts of the country. Edit: Sorry if this off topic. I just realized this tread was a question about the Omni, not the Omega...

• Baller
This is an all new shape with all new materials (new core material, new resin, new layup) that was just finalized. It's not just a new top sheet on an existing mold or a tweak to a layup like is sometimes done. Everything about Omega Max is new. It will be worth the wait. B)

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@Martin1980 I can see where conventional thinking would maybe make you think so, but no, this is a 67" ski that is 0.1" wider than a normal Omega. Sad? No. Intentional? Yes.

At this point, we do not intend to offer MAX in other sizes. OmegaMAX has a surface area a little closer to that of a 68" Omega, but in a smaller package... it does not ski like a 68" ski. Not a replacement for a 68” Omega; it’s a more high performance version of a 67” Syndicate Omni with a width profile between a Syndicate Omni and a Syndicate Omega. 67” is the usual length for nearly all 34mph male skiers, and MAX is narrower than a 65” Omni so great for crossover women too.

Depending on boat speed, weight and working line lengths, MAX can actually work for a lot of different skiers. @CParrish43 can crush 39off at 36mph and my wife can cruise 22off at 30-32mph on it. If you think you want a different size Omega Max, you might actually want an Omega or possibly even a Syndicate Omni. Afterall, this thread did start out as a Syndicate Omni thread. ;) Somebody can start a new thread when the time is right.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

@savaiusini Thanks for the explanation. Just hit another personal best on my Syndicate Omni as I've gotten into 28 off. The bar has been raised!! I'm heading for 32 off. Out of curiosity; how deep into line lengths is the Omni intended? The reason I really like it is some of the other skis like the A1 or S2 I rode in the past had way too much smear on my offside turn. If I got too far forward the tail would loose grip and the whole ski would end up out of the water. I actually dislocated my right shoulder a few times when the tail completely released. Not anyone's fault except my bad form. :smile: I loved the 2018 Omni and the new 2020 that much more because when you turn the ski it locks in even if there's some chop. I feel extremely confident on it and I'm not experiencing the ski chatter like I had in the past with other skis. I'm mainly skiing 32 to 34mph. No point in going faster than 34mph for me.

• Baller
@kylegansel Syndicate Omni can be ridden pretty comfortably into -35. However, by the time you get to running 32 consistently, you'll find you want a ski that sits a little deeper/has more down force.

• Baller
However, for a 200-210 lbs. 32-34/22 skier like me, a 68 Omega Max would definitely be a win. The gap between 69 Omni and 68 Omega is still large and loosing weight does not work :'( . So I would like to have a 68 Omni or better a 68 Omega Max o:)

• Baller
@Frank_MA 69 Omni might be too big for you. I'm 200 myself and the 67 Omni works great for me. I've tested it down to 30mph, 15-32off. On the MAX, I probably wouldn't ski it below 32mph at my weight. I think you're better off on a 67 Omni.

@bparson I'm on the 67". I have never touched the fin settings...... Only being an Amateur Skier / weekend warrior for the most part I have always left the fin settings alone. Mine are the HO standard right now. I've thought about getting some coaching and would maybe follow direction then. We had some guys on our lake that played with their fins for a whole year once and never got them back to where they were comfortable..... I blame my bad skiing on my form and not the settings....