Malibu open starting list

ballsohard

• Baller
It's pretty hard to bet against Nate. I think that he's gonna win and Freddie is gonna be right there with him. It's my second guess that they flip that and Freddie wins and Nate comes second. Though I would kill to see a win from the pickle man aka the tower!

• Baller_
Such a great line up. Not to sound politically correct but where is the women's list? And not to beat a dead horse but with that line up of men, how is it again the Masters could not field a bunch of high performing skiers?

• Baller

It would be great for us watching the webcast to get more information on skier bios regarding skis,model, length, Zero off preferred setting. I realize many are affiliated with brands, but the rest would be interesting to know.

• Baller

Webcast aside, and I hope it's good...how cool would it be for we skiers/fans to be on the shore. I remember the pro-tour in Minneapolis as a teen...Andy winning slalom over Kjellander and LaPoint, Sammy setting a jump record at 205...so cool.

Should be a great tourney. Let's hope for great conditions.

• Baller
Unfortunately we can't make it this year. Our family has traveled to both Charleston and Milwaukee a couple of times, and make a ski trip out of it. Can't cross the border from Canada easily this year. Hope it's all sorted out for next year. If you can make it, I highly recommend going. it's a great time!

• Baller

@BS74 I agree. I watched some of Cali Pro Am the other day on Youtube, really good commentary with Freddy and Zach W, I thought they were fantastic.

Along with skier height/weight we should throw in some more detail like sponsors, where they're from, training site, ski partners, PB's, recent results plus those ZO settings and ski/binding detail. All of this is interesting to us viewers and keeps us engaged.

I understand skiers don't often like to share some of those details, but footballers don't like speaking with media after games either yet the governing body obligates them to do so. Why? Because the viewers are interested in what they have to say. For the good of the sport skiers should offer up some information for commentators to throw out there for the masses.