DIY bike ski rack

WBLskier

• Baller

That's a pretty fun idea--most alpine-ski carry methods I've seen follow the top tube--something that wouldn't work here without removing the binding.

I'd say to try fixing a slalom ski on a rear-rack vertically using bungees/zipties and see how you like the ride with that ski up in the air.

• Baller

What type of bike and what type of travel distance/route (from house around private lake to dock or across town)? Loaded bikes handle real weird, might not be an issue around private lake to dock, might be an issue on a road. I would try to keep the COG as low as possible.

You might have more options starting with a Big Fat Dummy. Or maybe a Bill Trailer. I briefly looked into building a trailer for jumpers, it could be done for <$100 if you were creative with material sourcing and had access to a welder.

• Baller
Personally, I'd look for an old/cheap Burley trailer (many had a flat lower frame that would be easy to build from) and modify that, as it'll haul much better, and won't throw off the bike's balance. Just look for a trailer with big enough wheels to roll well.