New Carbitex boot lost my off side left foot forward

paul413ski

• Baller

Short answer...your boot will need a minor tweak to compensate for your lower leg angle where it enters the boot..nobody has straight lower legs and the your boot will be exerting an imbalanced force toward the outside of the boot. This will be noticed by a strong onside and a weak offside turn...if you stand in your boot without the liner, you will see the problem..The outside of your lower leg will be closer to the cuff of the boot than the inside of your leg.

Here is a photo highlighting the problem:

5csvt7vhnuux.jpeg

Good news...there is an easy fix. All you need is foam/ neoprene to create a wedge and some duct tape and/or Velcro...

Read here for more info: http://www.skibootalignment.com/page9.html

• Baller
The Carbitex boot is stiffer than the old Vapor. There are some plastic shims on the outside of the liners. You could start by taking those out. After that I agree with @Deanoski and you need to give them a few more sets. I had a bit of trouble adjusting to my Carbitex boot also but after 6-8 sets it went away.

• Baller

Vapor to cabitex can take a couple sets. (1) Be sure the new binding is oriented on the plate in exactly the same as the old. (2) how the liners fit can make a huge difference.

Maybe try the old liners in the new boot to eliminate this. I tried a new heat molded liner in a new boot which felt unfamiliar. Tried my old liner In the new boot and everthing felt normal.

Every change from one Radar Strada/Vapor/Carbitex has taken a few passes to get comfortable.

• Baller

@gavski Good point. If you have front foot like right foot at the photo, there is the only way to fix it - mechanical adjustment. I have front foot similar to this.

Every new boot no matter alpine or water I do canting before first run. No break in perion that could help...

The only exception is rubber boot which is actually " self adjusted cuff" ))

As @Chef23 mentioned there are good canting tools - outside pockets on Carbitez liners.