best skiing binding?

Deanoski

• Baller

@adamhcaldwell would say that the white cuff reflex is the closest thing that you can find to a good ski binding without making modifications. He would also say that a modified reflex is far superior to any other binding option.

@Horton would say that a bone stock Reflex is just as good as a modified one.

There is lots of room for varying opinions.

@Deanoski I had some trouble skiing in the Goode hardshell. The plastic was very temperature sensitive. I was skiing in a cold lake so this does not help justify my answer. The boot is very soft but reactive, it springs back to position fairly quick. Its a great boot but not for me.

• Baller
Been on various Reflex front/R-style rear bindings for a few years due to consistency of release (rear shin beware), but in terms of fit, feeling and responsiveness, my favorite were my Goode Powershells. The Goode shell flexibility made my skis feel like they were part of my feet/ankles. For me, the best blend of hardshell and rubber bindings, but I didn't like the inconsistency of release.

• Baller
I’ve been running the Goode reflex front. Just got tired of the interlock of the powershells, pre releasing, changing out the tape every season etc. The Goode reflex has a good feel, stays locked down nice, and releases when needed. Drawbacks: I had to replace the release with the reflex 840 straight stainless release as the old one rusted and seemed to flex more. The Goode boot cuff at the hinge wears/hogs out, causing too much side to side movement. The only fix for that, I had to buy a whole new boot at the 2 year mark. Running an old d3 leverage rear, super loose with a light coat of cocoa butter inside the tongue and heel for easy release. I’m super interested in the new Venom rear boot to go with it!

• Baller_
@Deanoski I love the current Vapor Carbitex boot but only on the front. Can’t make front and rear work together. I haven’t tried the updated versions of hard shells that are out there but none ever worked for me. Feel like snow skis with them on.

• Baller_
This is like asking what gum flavor is the best. Not one boot is "best" Each person is going to have a opinion. Now if you say what boot are most pros using, that changes the discussion, but Personally, and not many people share my opinion, I love the older Xmax from HO, but I also have a size 17 foot, so hard shells were not an option, however I used to ski in them and loved them. So from your list, I like the Reflex if those are the only options.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller
I was on T-factor for a while and switched to Reflex because of sore ankle issues. I tried black top reflex and it was a very easy transition but they were just a little small for a 14 foot. I've been on Supershell for several years now. It was a harder switch for me going to the supershell than the blacktop but I've had almost no ankle injuries with them. No best binding, it depends on personal preference, goals etc.