What new ski did you try this fall?

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Got off the Vapor this fall and tried a Senate lithium. I am pretty impressed with this ski. For me it turns and finishes better on my off side then the vapor did. Not the rocket ship off the ball like the vapor but it seems to not need to be as it keeps a more consistent average speed throughout the course process.

Was hoping to ride a Omega however it did not pan out.

Have not skied anything but Radar products in the last 10 years or so but I think i have found my new ride in this Senate..

love fall skiing in north Florida!

• Baller_

I took 4 passes on it last night. Feels pretty good but will stay on N1 for the weekend.

@rockdog I was a N1 guy for 5 years and am back on it now. I tried a XT a month ago and it felt pretty good so with wanting a new stick I thought the transition from the N1 will be easy. I need a few sets to set the fin. I thought it was at stock from factory (got home close to dark and put my bindings on) but it wasn’t close. Looking at the tech set up they have 3 sets of numbers. I will start at stock.

• Baller
We’ve got a case of musical skis going in NH currently. I’ve been riding C75 for the past couple of weeks. Thanks to @jercrane. In the meantime @pcmcon729 has been riding my Vapor. Not sure I’m serious about a long term change, but it has been fun to play around with something new.

• Baller
As @Bdecker stated, lots of testing going on with what little time we have left here in southern NH, among quite a few skiers. I'm a long time Goode skier who just retired a VERY tired 2017 XTR. Tested a Denali. Cool ski with lots of potential, just not a fit for me. Tried a new XTR CC that's too big for me at 68", but skied well on it. Tested a D3 Ion, also 68" and too big for me, and that didn't work at all for me. @Bdecker loaned me his 2020 Radar Vapor, and I dialed in immediately, with every pass feeling better. Not sure he will see that ski again until the surface of the lake gets hard ;)

• Baller
I'd been skiing on a Connelly V all summer and loved it. It was a great ski for getting better on the course, stable and forgiving. Last month I had a chance to buy a never used 2018 Connelly GT. After getter some helpful input from fellow baller nleuth, who is very familiar with this ski, I went ahead and bought it. I finally tried it out this weekend and it's everything I hoped it would be! It turns great and gets me across the wake much faster. Can't wait to get back out there.

• Baller
Well it's was 84 deg today, water temp at the Pond is 60 so it's still time to be trying things when *we hope) we are in ski shape. After 18 yrs on Goode, a 67" D3 Ion demo was at the dock early summer. So I have demo'd a lot of skis over time, for me it worked so well on my offside I just got that ski. I have not skied Syndicate or Radar, or others, but am more than pleased with the Ion.

• Baller_
I’ve ridden a 67 Senate Pro and a 68 Vapor Pro. I liked the Senate and I’m digging the Vapor. It took some time to find numbers that worked, but once I did I loved it, particularly how it finishes the second half of the off side turn and moves to the wake.

Lpskier

With the help and encouragement of Brooks from Radar, and the fine folks at Performance Ski, I took my first ride on the Senate Lithium yesterday - sweet ski!! It's a very noticeable change from the 2009 Senate I've been on for a few years. Gonna take a few more outings to get fully comfortable and confident on it (it turns a bit differently, and wants to take a much more aggressive path across the wakes than I'm used to!), but I'm surprised by the general ease and comfort of riding it. It definitely feels like it's higher on the water, is floatier/flowy-er, and I found myself with a lot more speed to bleed off on the outside than I'm used to. (This was all open water yesterday.) It even pops up noticeably faster on the pull-up. On-side leans and wake crossings were much more put-together feeling than on the old Senate - felt super natural. Off-side leans were mildly terrifying, due to the increased angle the ski wants to follow, but when I was able to force myself to hold a solid position the whole way across the wakes, it was actually smoother than my old Senate. (Which I don't entirely get, since it seems to be riding higher on the water - you'd think it'd be bouncier, but it was definitely smoother - I just need to commit to the lean and the sharper angle!) FUN ski!!

• Baller
I upgraded to a 2020 Senate Lithium. I also moved from some pretty tired Radar Profile bindings to a Reflex Supershell and a rear low wrap. It love it so much. Can’t wait for ski season next year (although I’m still getting in a couple of sets a week here in the PNW).