WTB - ACME 668 Prop for SN 200

DavidN

• Baller

Looking for a replacement prop for our SN 200.

Hit a submerged piece of wood today and dinged the original 668.

I’d like to stay with the 668 and before I order a new one, I thought I would just ask here.

Maybe someone has one laying around and wants to get rid of it?

Thanks!

• Baller

@skierjp

I have the 6 Liter engine. We are at about sea level here in FL and the 668 works just fine. A bit weak out of the hole compared to my Response, but that’s ok.

I tried a 422 earlier this year but other than about 200rpms more the holeshot didn’t improve much, so I went back to the original prop.

• Baller

@Mzimmer75

To be honest, I have no clue. Ran it WOT just twice and didn’t recall the RPM.

Only thing I know, it is a slow boat/hull with higher RPMs than what I was used to with our Response. Top end was slightly above 43mph (with the hydrogate deployed) and at slalom speed (34) the engine turns around 3650 which is again way higher than our old Response.

• Baller

I had an older Ski Nautique that also ran higher RPM. I'm more of a tricker, so the extra RPM isn't really noticeable at 19 MPH. In the old or new boat.

I did check my prop today, as my boat is on the trailer. Its a 668 just as you have.

PCM lists the max RPM as 5500, or something close. I can't exactly remember. I was surprised to see Nautique prop the boat such that it was 500 below max. I'm sure they have a reason. I plan to stay with the factory prop. I won't try to out engineer the factory engineers.