Winterize question

blinddog

I just winterized my Carbon Pro and it's ready to put in storage for the winter. Problem is I forgot to put the gas stabilizer in before running the engine. Question is - should I redo it? The stabilizer is now in the gas tank so I would just have to buy the anti-freeze and go through the process again. I've always assumed the stabilizer should run through the entire fuel system and in this case, it's just in the tank. I don't mind the time and I hate to spend another $30 on antifreeze, but I don't want to create problems that could have been solved by spending a few bucks and a few minutes. Opinions?

• Baller

Ideally you should run the engine so that the whole fuel system has conditioned fuel in. If you burn premium, you should be fine. Anything less and it may run a little rough in the spring but should smoothen out.

Don’t sweat it but put it on your list of things to do next year on your last ride.

• Baller
I think you’re good also, but is it something you’ll worry about all winter? If you’ve got that personality type (like I do) might be worth re-doing just so you can let it go for the off season! Unnecessary, but then again you’d get the chance to hear that motor one more time. ?