Brief history of neoprene

Than_Bogan

• Baller_
Great major and a cool write up. My daughter graduated with that degree several years ago and is working in the medical devices/implants field. Unfortunately, she did not take to the water skiing like I would have hoped.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

"The creative application of scientific principles to design or develop structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes, or works utilizing them singly or in combination; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions; all as respects an intended function, economics of operation and safety to life and property."

WHAT could be COOLER than that???

• Baller

Love the basis: "My personal interest in open cell neoprene wetsuits comes from my participation in slalom water skiing. In Massachusetts, where I've lived my whole life, wetsuits are highly desired for the beginning and end of the water ski season."

My DD wanted to pursue Materials Engineering so she can either design water ski composition for D3 or shoe soles for Nike. I suggested that may be a little too narrow, both major and specific application in sports. She's now midway through her sophomore year in Mechanical Engineering. Written a couple assignments with water skiing as her core experience; more for writing composition than engineering, but still experiential.