No Boat Shows

OldGuysRule

• Baller

News came out today that the Indianapolis Boat Sport and Travel Show has been cancelled for its usual February 2021 dates. A further look on the web shows that the January Chicago Boat Show has also been cancelled along with the Cincinnati Show held usually in January. We mid-westerners so look forward to attending these shows with the promise of spring and boating season coming in a few months. What about the people who were usually "buyers" at the shows so they could have that new boat ready to go come warm weather. Another casualty of the Covid 19 pandemic. ssvdhe2z8279.jpg

• Baller
@OldGuysRule sad news for sure! The Seattle boat show is a virtual one this year. The Wednesday night crew looks forward to our annual trip down to the big city to look things over, catch up with old friends and go to the Pyramid ale house for beers and lunch. They have closed their doors for good due the covid-19 pandemic ☹️ I guess we will have to meet at one of our houses, watch the show on the laptop and eat and drink beers there. Hopefully things get back to normal next year?

• Baller

Here in Michigan, the Detroit show is cancelled. The second one in March in Novi is still on the calendar but I bet it’s tentative. I attend and support the planning of some automotive industry conferences that use the same venues and they were looking to stay virtual through 2021. I expect most indoor boat shows this year will be cancelled.

With the recent news of vaccines I’m hoping we are nearing the end. While I don’t expect a complete return to pre-COVID times, some relief from it will be a welcome site for everyone.

• Baller

Wild wild west right now. Car jackings up 587%, many of those during daylight hours with weapons. Murders up, shootings up, lootings up. Used to like going to a Twins game, Vikings game, or boat show etc. occasionally. No effing way now! My MN outstate friends all say the same thing.