Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

January roll call Who is still skiing?

cougfan

• Baller

@markn  it sure has been cold and windy in Central FL, but we've still managed to ski about 3 mornings a week on average, getting out early to enjoy the glass before the wind comes up.  Water temp hit a season low last week at 57˚, but climbed back up to 62º yesterday.  It's averaged 59º for a month or more and the air has often been in the low to mid 40s when we head out. Happily though, we're impervious to the cold with our O'Neal Fluid Neos and our dryrobes.  With the added plus of having our public lake practically to ourselves save for the odd fisherman, we have a new found love for winter skiing. (I won't lie though. We still can't wait for summer!)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
47 minutes ago, skialex said:

Hope so too… cause I’m coming to central Florida for 2 weeks end of February.
I’m trying to stay in ski shape, but it’s cold now in Greece, hope this will change in the next week. 
had 9 sets in January, which is more than usual 

@skialex

If you have any interest in coming down, day trip or other and skiing Okeeheelee for a day, let me know as you can ski our boat or potentially I can arrange a pull for you. We've got a 2019 200 with a 6.0L.

The water has been around 70 right now and should be 70-74 by then. Most folks are just wearing tank tops under vests.

We have an apartment you can stay in if you were overnighting, that one I have to check and make sure msscoke doesn't have someone else scheduled in it.

Let me know. or Next trip!

• Like 1

• Baller
12 minutes ago, scoke said:

@skialex

If you have any interest in coming down, day trip or other and skiing Okeeheelee for a day, let me know as you can ski our boat or potentially I can arrange a pull for you. We've got a 2019 200 with a 6.0L.

The water has been around 70 right now and should be 70-74 by then. Most folks are just wearing tank tops under vests.

We have an apartment you can stay in if you were overnighting, that one I have to check and make sure msscoke doesn't have someone else scheduled in it.

Let me know. or Next trip!

@scoke thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it! I will be with a friend. We are planning to go south for a day or two and visit Okeeheelee too, to at least see the place. 
I will contact you if we do, to meet and show us the place and if possible have a set.

thanks again… I miss the awesome button…

• Baller

Have skied in West Palm (Hobe really) with a neo top with no temp issues, but fewer days than what I would have liked to because of the wind. 

Back to summer next week.