Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

January roll call Who is still skiing?

cougfan

• Baller

@skialex ok here is the thread starter post away! The Wednesday night crew is waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can get our first ski of the new year in. This past week the weather in the PNW has been awful☹️ Super windy, rainy and cold. We can deal with the cold not so much the wind and rain. Hopefully we will get a break soon and can get some skiing in. Maybe even get @Rednucleus out for his first post hernia surgery ski? the Wednesday night crew has our “end of the year party” scheduled for next Saturday so maybe we will be able to ski before we eat and drink our evening away??? Will

post an account of our day/night next week

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

Don’t want to post pictures again... doesn’t feel right... the past week was hot like never before. Skied more sets in a week than in August. Today water was 61and air in the mid 70s. Same day last year we had snow in Athens.

Spain suffers the worst snow storm in the past 50 years...

I’ll ski as much as I can, as we are expecting a 15 degrees drop in Celsius before the end of the week..

@cougfan you can give me as many pandas as you want! ?

• Baller

@skialex be careful what you wish for ? all your posts about your beautiful weather over there while we suffer with our cold, rainy, windy PNW winter are starting to wear on me ???? hopefully things will get better so we can get back our skiing anyway here is your lake Curlew panda from the Wednesday night crew ? bu the way you are the first baller to receive 2 lake Curlew pandas enjoy!7fo5zew91l8p.jpeg

• Baller
@AdamCord absolutely beautiful day out there at Hilltop with you guys. Also, just in case anyone was wondering, @AdamCord into -41 in those 39* water conditions! The rest of us are at least skiing with something covering our head...

• Baller

7rer9aucz9th.jpeg

uzo62kj1d1xv.jpeg

This is my last ride for a while... need to resolve a health issue that troubles me for some years. I’ll be back in a little over 2 months.. and anyway temperatures will drop significantly and finally winter is arriving, we even expect some snowfall.

So give me as many pandas as you like for the summery photos...

• Baller

@skialex i’ve really enjoyed your “summer time pics” this past few months and must admit i’m jealous of the nice weather you have been enjoying. Wish we could get some of that up here in the PNW! Really tired of the wind, rain and cold! Spring can’t come soon enough.

Best of luck concerning your health issue! Post more pics when you return to skiing.

Just for you here is your third lake Curlew panda courtesy of the Wednesday night crew enjoy!jw66biwtyn21.jpeg

This probably doesn't count. Flew to Orlando and skied with my friends who live there. Lake Tennessee. Haven't skied since Oct. so there was some rust. The weather was "chilly" for central Florida but I thought it was great compared to Ohio weather. My lake is frozen and its snowing presently. I did get to ski and drive the new 2021 MC PS at Action watersports. That was fun. They are great there. Of course had a visit to Perfski. Really good trip.

• Baller

I was fortunate to ski at Eden with excellent coaching from Zane (first class fellow) on January 6th. Water was 70' and air was 70'. On the 11th went up and skied with a good friend at Haines City. Water was 65' and 70'. Now back in Indana and hoping to do a "winter ski" before end of January.rzbxuk8uhbaj.jpg

• Baller

Havent skied on (or around) my birthday in over 30 years and that time, I lived in Houston, so not a particularly big deal. 25 of the intervening years I lived in NY or MA, so the water was pretty hard in January. Been in NC for several years, but either being at work or crappy conditions prevented me from realizing that goal until this year. The stars finally lined up for a pretty good outing. Air 50/water 48

• Baller

We got our third set of the year in today-it was quite balmy compared to some days with air 46, water 46. With a 3mm wetsuit, a stop to pour hot water over the hands, feet and down the suit is key! Fortunately, the boat crew is awesome and keeps us motivated.

With the lake so high due to all the rain, we get a ton of backwash off the bulkheads, so the skiing is a bit rugged. Still fun to be with friends though.

For you Hilltop skiers, if you're ever in need of another person for a set this winter, I'll make the drive (and bring gas)! :)

I just followed @Horton instructions, and added the Micro-just to my Syndicate hardshell yesterday...great to have the flexibility, but I did over do it on the adjustments, and went too far forward!

We should get another good set in tomorrow.

Stay warm all. 6s3zortrv1aj.jpg

• Baller
We’ve been averaging between 2 and 3 days a week since the first of the year. Today the water had risen from a season low of 57° last Friday to a hair over 58° this morning. Looking at the 10 day forecast I think we may have bottomed out and the lake should start slowly warming from here on. Saw a post today from a FB friend down in Clermont, about an hour south and home to some of the best skiers in the world. It was 30° at his place at 7:00am. He said it was the 12th night of freezing or near freezing weather this winter, the most he’s seen in his 14 years there. I think I was happier when the world was about incinerate from global warming! ?. But we’ve come to love winter skiing on our public lake. The water may be cold, but once again we were the only boat out there.

• Baller

Well the Wednesday night crew minus @Rednucleus finally got our first ski of the new year in today air 34 water 42. Beautiful sunny clear day on Big lake. The weather has been crappy since the new year and today we got the break we had been waiting for. Finished things off with some hot chocolate, dried fruit and a few bowls of 5 bean soup? The weather looks iffy this week with the “S” word in the forecast ☹️ We will

be back at it as soon as the weather breaks again1rkuu6mez6hw.jpeg

mstxlyfn61cb.jpeg

p7fn9egtasrk.jpeg

0997dz7ku4ps.jpeg

66zqz2gu5key.jpeg

• Baller

Got my first January set in yesterday behind a Nautique. Lucky me, I got the equivalent of what feels like 5 sets behind a Silver Line today. In honesty, I think I may have found the best off-water training workout you can do. I’m only charging $20 a set. Anybody in for refinishing rental house floors? .... I mean, “cross fit”

cpb6j9t408g1.jpeg