cougfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
I am about to give all you Florida people a lake Curlew panda courtesy of the Wednesday night crew. Complaining about water temp below 70 in the winter. Try skiing up here in the PNW this time of year with waster temps in the low 40’s to upper 30’s and air temps about the same. I bet u guys hardly ever wear a full wetsuit let alone even know what a drysuit is? Come on global warming???

• Baller
6 sets so far in January (first time so many) weather pretty good here in Greece, the majority of the sets with the exception of the last 2 (after a severe drop in temperature and some snow in the surrounding hills and mountains) water was57ish and air 60-63. In the last two water 47-50 and air 59-60 not bad at all.

• Baller

9 sets in 2021 already. The benefits of lockdowns in Europe.

Air temp in the range of 36 and water temp around 46. Northerly wind on the head pass was not pleasant, but we can still ski in January on a 3/2 wetsuit, here in Greece and these conditions will not last more than a month. Bring on Summer 2021!

Unfortunately, I had to put the boat into storage on New Year's Eve in northwest Illinois.....the 7 inches of snow on New Year's Day would have been tough on the cover, and the below-zero temps since then have turned the river into a skating rink. 13 days ago I skied on it, today I could walk across it (but won't....I never trust river ice).

• Baller_
Beautiful weather in the great PNW this weekend. After 3 tries we got our Hilltop New Years Day donut/coffee/ski in the books. Water has warmed up to 45 after being iced over two weeks ago; 12+ showed up for a great day of skiing & fellowship. Going out again tomorrow to work off the doughnuts!! I heard @AdamCord ran 39.5 off in his drysuit again - Animal!!

• Baller_

Slalomed this morning and tricked this afternoon. Air low 70’s, water high 60’s here in Orlando.

On the other hand, it was -22 on the top of Whiteface Mountain outside Lake Placid, NY when I skied there on Tuesday morning.

@horton I had a total score of 72. 36 buoys in slalom and 36 get-ups in trick!

Lpskier

• Baller
@lpskier People laugh when I say my wife and I wear O'Neil Fluid Neo drysuits in Florida winter, but the water does get cold this time of the year... even colder up here than in Orlando, and definitely too cold for us in any case. Without these drysuits we simply wouldn't ski in winter ever. With several overnights of near freezing or temps down into the mid 20s coming this weekend, the water will dip well into the lower 50s I'm sure. That will keep the riffraff off the lake while we'll be comfortably warm in our drysuits.

• Baller_

Thought I would resurrect this thread. What a difference 2 weeks makes! HT was iced over for over a week less than 2 wks ago. This week we had days & nights in the 50's, lots of rain. It was 103 today!! 55 air, 48 water. Was able to take two sets w/o getting cold. Come on spring!! Ski you all next weekend.

• Like 3

• Baller

It has been freaking cold and windy here in central Florida.  I bought a dry suit for the cold, but it has been too windy for my course and Swiss is closed the month of January.  Have not skied since mid-December.  Warmer weather cannot come soon enough! 

• Baller

Hope so too… cause I’m coming to central Florida for 2 weeks end of February.
I’m trying to stay in ski shape, but it’s cold now in Greece, hope this will change in the next week. 
had 9 sets in January, which is more than usual 

• Like 1