Subtle Technique Differences 34 vs 36

Skoot1123

• Baller
A lot of great discussions have been going on regarding technique and theory. I am curious how these techniques may (or may not) change depending on boat speed. While body positioning may be similar/same between speeds, how does the higher “commoner” skier and high end skier adjust? A follow up question - for those that have skied at two (or more) very different weights how does skier mass affect positioning/technique and ease/difficulty of moving either speeds or rope lengths.

• Baller_

I ski at both 34 and 36 each season. I think 36 is a tad easier for me to hold position better. The support of the boat and the extra speed helps that. I've just always been more confident.

That said, I obviously can't ski as short a line at 36 as at 34. But, I enjoy it a lot more and my usual tournament score at each are just about one line length different (almost same buoy count).

Last season was no good at either speed. At the end of the summer, the 36 felt the best of the entire season.

Edited: Meant to say last season was no good at either speed. The only bright spot was 36 at the end, after all the tournaments were over.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.