Stopping rollers - Wave Eater?

bojans

• Baller

We have a couple areas of our site that need some help stopping rollers from bouncing off of solid objects back into the course. Wave eater offers 2 sizes of their system. The large ones are very expensive, $150 per foot but they make a smaller version that is $40 per foot. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so, how have they worked for you?

https://waveeater.com/

• Baller
Very interested to hear how this works out, is there a minimum length? We have a few spots that might be worth trying it in. It would be amazing to line a course on a public site with these but you’d be at $100k quick...

• Baller
Very interesting. Looks like the larger model is for heavy boat traffic and the smaller is for wind? If it's ski boat traffic, I bet the smaller model would limit the waves, especially on the bounce back.

• Baller

I've seen old tires chained together doing something similar in Bavaria, Germany, near Ingolstadt, a few years back. The multi-layer tire chain was between a slalom course and a cable park. The objective was to keep the ski boat wakes out of the cable park. I believe the slalom course is now no longer in operation.

www.wakeandgroove.de

• Baller
Photos would really help- keep in mind that you can approach the problem with diffusion or absorption (or both). Diffusion might be easier and more effective depending on size/orientation of the floating docks- they must be pretty large if rollers are bouncing off of them instead of passing under.