Slalom Set from Nacogdoches, TX

jimbrake

• Baller

Hey ya'll. I'm going to be in Nacogdoches, TX from 5/4 through 5/11 and wondering if I might be able to buy a set within 150 miles of Nac. Shreveport lakes are closest, but I could potentially run up towards Dallas or back towards Houston, if that were my only option. Would prefer not to have to drive across either of those metro areas in their entireties. Surprising there are no ski sites anywhere in East Texas (that I'm aware of). If there are and a ride is possible, please let me know! Thank you in advance for any offers. I could certainly return the favor in Sacramento, CA.

Jim

• Baller_

I'm north of Dallas and google maps shows 3 1/2 hrs from Nacagdoches. Good news is you won't get anywhere near Dallas traffic.

There is Triple J just south of Dallas on I45, but I have lost track if it is still active. Probably 2 1/2 hrs.

Also Pecan Cove in Red Oak just under 3 hrs. Bigtex skis there.

You sure picked a place in the middle of nowhere!

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Check the list of Texas and Louisiana affiliated clubs on USWS' web site. There is a ski site on I-30 in east Texas, but I don't know if it's active. There may be one in Omaha, TX too. I don't know any contacts. There was a very active club in Longview, TX, but it appears it is no longer active. It's not on the list of affiliated clubs. There may be one in Tyler, TX too.