Looking For Waterski Lake Community in Florida

SkiGal

• Baller
Now that we can work remotely, my husband and I want to move to a waterski lake community within a reasonable drive to the beach for our visiting adult kids. Ideally, we'd like a 4BR lakefront house with a dock under $1m. We can live anywhere, please advise.

• Baller
@SkiGal your best bet is to contact an real estate agent in the area you want to live in. Florida is wide spread as far as ski communities. You best bet is too fly down and look around. You will get numerous recommendations to make an educated decision to what fits you and your family best.

• Baller

I'm currently looking for the same. Can you narrow down your desired location a bit? Winter Haven? Orlando region?

Tons of lakes with courses all around. The market is red hot right now. Properties I've been interested typically sell within 48 hours of hitting the MLS. It's crazy.

We are looking for skiers at Pentalago in Palm City Florida! Lots are available NOW and houses are going to start going up in the next 4 to 8 weeks! Pentalago is in Martin County, Florida, just 10 miles from the fabulous East Coast beaches, with surfing, diving, offshore fishing, and tons of golf courses. You can purchase a 5 acre lot (total area of land and and build a 4BR house, and stay in your budget. We have 5 lakes, 4 slalom courses, a jump, and what we think is one of the best locations in South Florida! www.Pentalago.com

• Baller
The Pickos house sold the same day it was listed with multiple offers, as do most near the beach. I would get an agent that’s super involved in the ski community and have them put feelers out, things are moving so quick in desirable areas and often just word of mouth too.

• Baller

And another house at Lucaya Lake Club. Brand new. Our son lives in this resort-style community. McCormick and Ski Paradise are near too.

The number one beach in the USA is about 50 minutes away...... Siesta Key. Plus a ton of others.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12315-Nora-Grant-Pl-Riverview-FL-33579/332844469_zpid/?utm_source=txtshare

• Baller

Build brand new at the Esplanade Lake Club in Fort Myers. Ski course and ski community is existing with Miramar Lakes and FGCU on the same lake. Close to Fort Myers Beach and Bonita Beach. Very close to RSW airport. Eden Ski Lake is near too.

https://www.taylormorrison.com/fl/fort-myers-naples/fort-myers/esplanade-lake-club?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google+local&utm_campaign=FL.Fort%20Myers%20Naples.5.1505&utm_content=FL.Fort%20Myers%20Naples.5.1505

• Baller
@MichaelWiebe is your son a skier? I'm curious about the Lucaya lake club where he lives. It's a small, oddly shaped lake. Is there a course on the lake? Most of the homes there don't even seem to have docks. One of the realty web sites states "no boats over 225hp" allowed.

• Baller

My son is not a skier. I am the skier. ;)

The community is new. New homes are still being built.

You are correct.... not many docks on the lake. Maybe a handful. A few more are pending, but it's a smallish lake. There is one ski boat (Ski Nautique) being used for free skiing, and the balance are fishing boats.

The Home Owner Association is being taken over by the residents now, which may change some rules maybe. Only those living on the lake can motor boat on the lake.

There is no course yet. Hopefully one in the future. Let's see.

Thanks.

• Baller

@MichaelWiebe As the residents take over the HOA, better hope that most are very skier friendly. Otherwise, putting in a course, and having calm times may (will) be a huge challenge. How many home sights on the smallish lake?

I hope it does all work out well though. Looks very nice. And, that part of Florida needs more skier options.

• Baller

Maybe around 110 homes. So far the boat traffic is minimal to non-existent.

I believe the max HP regulation is to prevent wakeboarding and surfing. We suspect fishing a 78 acre lake gets boring after a while. And Tampa Bay and the Gulf are very close, for much better fishing. I hope a submersible course may an option for the future. It's the lake aesthetics that may be a resident concern. Our son doesn't live on the water, but the Lucaya waterfront is an option for our retirement in 5 or so years. Let's see.