ANYBODY HAVE A MALIBU SUNSETTER LXI FOR SALE

bananaron

• Baller
I have a friend who wants to purchase a MALIBU SUNSETTER LXI so if anybody has one or knows of one for sale please contact me.I don't know a lot about this boat however understand they are a great crossover or all around boat.Actually I have not owned one yet!! Any info would be appreciated......THANKS

• Baller

Sunsetter LXI’s have a remarkably good slalom wake for the size and era of the boat. I have two friends with them and a third used to own one. The the price of these boats has also reflected that over the years.

The I in LXI is key, look for the extension of the stern over the running surface, this indicates the SV23 diamond slalom hull, vs the SV23 wake boarding hull of the LX's. 2002 LX's may also be on the diamond hull. I recommend doing a little research on themalibucrew.com to confirm the years. The extra 8" off the stern is the easiest visual cue to confirm.

• Baller
The best years for slalom are ‘00-‘04. Definitely the LXi. They are great boats. tons of room, great quality, great wakes, lots of amenities...Though I love the wake and pull of my ‘12 response TXi, I regret selling my ‘00 SSLXI to this day.

• Baller
Yep, I used to ski frequently on a cousin's '03 SS LXi, and another cousin's '99 Response LX. Oftentimes we'd ski both on the weekends, sometimes on the same day. Wakes were essentially no different. By far the best walk through hull as far as slalom wakes go IMHO. Unfortunately because of this they have always commanded a high price. The local Malibu dealer will call my cousin once in a while begging him to trade in the SS.