Bob Marley versus water skiing around the 3

ROBOT

• Baller

That was awesome - again!

Seadek up my a** - LOL

He hit so many nails on the head and covered a lot of topics discussed on this site, I think he must be a member here or at least frequent BOS a lot.

C’mon @BobMarley - out yourself!

• Baller
He is hilarious. Him and his kids are at our tournaments. He has you killing yourself with laughter on the dock. Seen him a few times live, get out and see him if you ever get the chance.

• Baller

I have a cool story about meeting Bob Marley. It was at the 2016 U.S. Open at Okeeheelee (or Okey-dokey? ?) I was there with my son who skied the tournament. I was on the bleachers watching slalom when this guy carrying a brand new Masterline rope sat down near me. He greeted me and started asking questions about the event. He couldn’t get over how few spectators there were, and how poorly advertised it was. He said he was in West Palm doing comedy shows. He said he really enjoyed skiing, and his boys were starting to really get into it also. He had taken a ski set on the canal behind the Airport Hilton and they told him about the big event going on at Okeeheelee.

He ended up inviting my son and I to come to one of his shows, as his guests. We took him up on his offer. There were tickets for us at the will call window. We were greeted by the manager inside, who took us to our table. (Great seats!) She said Bob was preparing to go onstage, but asked that we stick around after the show to meet with him. He came out wearing a hoodie with a slalom skier on it, that he would later tell us, he son designed. He was hilarious! After the show Bob put off greeting the line of fans waiting to have him sign their CDs, to visit with us! The crowd was all looking at us like, “who are those guys?” Too funny!

When Bob did his first interview with Marcus at The Ridge, (the following year?), Marcus asked Bob about his water skiing backstory. Bob talked about attending the US Open the previous year. He even mentioned my son and I by name, saying we were “wicked nice dudes”. LOL! Needless to say we’re big fans of Bob!

I met him at @theboardingschool a couple years ago. Rode in the boat with him while his boys skied. I basically had a private stand up show for an hour. Him and his boys are some very nice people. My wife and I love the videos.

• Baller_

Dumbest sport ever...15 off..off what? No one can understand this sport. Meanwhile they have Corn Hole on ESPN. ??

Finally calling out the real stupid.

Bob needs to do an evening comedy set at the Nationals.

• Baller
Back in a days when waterski was on ESPN, commentator use to call the rope by the feet the length of the rope like Bob Lapoint was runing 40 feet rope length and then 37 rope length (12 meters and now in the US 35off....) when did it change and why ...????