Perfect Pass. GPS or Classic?

makeall6

• Baller
Just curious. I was having trouble last season, the GPS would never lock. So I tried Classic mode. Things just seemed a little bit easier. We are not tournament skiers anymore. Never enough time to travel and I am getting up there in years. My sons can still rip it though. 38 off. So what is the basic difference between the two? I still get the all buoy timing since I mapped the course and times are good. Even though I like to have the latest and greatest, do I really need to use GPS mode? 2004 Ski Nautique. Cheers.

• Baller
Last winter I got the Zbox, upgraded to 3 event 9.2, and sent my GPS antenna back to Perfect Pass and they updated the firmware. It made a world of difference. Better pull, and the GPS locks in quicker. It even locked in while the boat was in the garage.

• Baller
I was having trouble with GPS locking in at the beginning of last season. I was going to send the puck in to have it flashed, but never did. It sort of fixed itself haven't had a problem since. Try it again. It had something to do with the satellites.

• Baller_
+1 @Gloersen said. I’ll probably upgrade. Have been running classic since classic was classic. Never really affected my tournament scores. I run the classic at 35mph now to up the challenge a bit.

• Baller
How old is the Stargazer puck? I started to have that issue and needed to replace the puck. There was also a server side change made that caused a 30 sec delay for it lock - this issue can be fixed by sending the puck back to be flashed with newer firmware. Sounds your puck is bad if it never locks.