Masters webcast

Woodybc62

• Baller
@MISkier - you are correct - not til Friday - but the link takes you to the 3 day segment links, which already have very specific times (down to the seconds) shown which lends one to think they are the lengths of last videos. I'm probably 100% wrong, but that's that's why I'm asking .

• Baller
I love that there is a live webcast & I'm very grateful for that but is there a live youtube feed? Makes it so much easier to view on a smart tv that way. Trying to cast the video from a website to a TV is a PITA. At lest for me with an older smart tv & a roku.

• Baller

Not watching. Can't stand Dano the Man-o and can't go back and watch a few hours behind. Was hoping to watch on a 3 hr delay on my TV by the pool today. Could with TWBC.

It's annoying that the most "prestigious" event in our sport is hamstrung by the worst webcast experience.

• Baller
Apparently Nautique chooses to have Dano as a commentator for his wakeboard knowledge. Considering that wake/surf boats outsell 50x tournament inboards. Likely Dano will be announcing the Masters for years to come.

• Baller

Haha...i like Dano the Mano! Yes, he's quite the nonstop salesman, but that's what he's hired to do. He's really a good dude with quite a bit of skills on the water....Wakeboarding and showski/footer background.

• Baller
@JayG80 thx. I thought the distance was low for him and was concerned there was maybe a crash. The water looked busy for the jumpers I saw and the headwind looked too strong on their counter cuts. I'm glad he squeaked through. I'm sure he'll go big tomorrow in the finals! ?

So a close friend is a pulmonary tech in a hospital in Fort Wayne Indiana. She goes into a patient room and the Masters webcast is playing on the TV. Patient is unconscious so the nurse apparently tuned in to watch! Broadcast it and they will come!

hzxelutk68pl.jpeg

• Baller
Take away traditional 3 event skiing, there would be no Masters. So if Nautique is really only interested selling wake board boats, why bother? Could it be they need us to promote the brand even if they don't really want to sell ski boats? So if you're going to do the Masters, why not do the best tv coverage you can?

• Baller

Was watching / listening in the boat yesterday, deffo needs a YouTube link rather than via website. On the phone, every time a call / ping / boat start/stop it stops playing and had to go through the rig moral of refreshing the website and making it full screen. YouTube just pauses and continues automatically.

Not complaining too much as we could watch it / listen to it, but man it was a tiresome process to make and keep it working when it could have been so much simpler

• Administrators
come on you guys lighten up on Dan-o. He is an extremely talented & nice guy. His style of announcing is much more "show ski" than many of you would prefer but he does a good job at it.

• Baller
Tyler Boyd is doing an awesome job announcing. Has a strong 3-event background. Especially does great job announcing trick and jump. Enjoying Masters live from Robin Lake!!!!

• Baller

Wife made me turn audio off. Sure missing TWSB.

For years the story was all about the skiers. Now is all about $ and selling boats that few skiers can afford. Granted there is little time in a fast pace tournament for fill material but get rid of the B.S. Different announcer for waterskiing portion of tournament would be great start. Hey this is the MASTERS, the athlete’s and fan’s deserve better. IMHO

• Baller

“UN-BE-LIEVABLE! THE QUALITY OF THE ANNOUNCING IS AB-SO-LUTE-LY IN-SANE!!!!”

“SURELY DAN-O HAS PUNCHED HIS TICKET TO THE BROADCAST BOOTH HALLLL OF FAAAAAME HERE THIS WEEKEND AT THE SPORT’S PREMIER EVENT SPONSORED BY THE BOAT MANUFACTURER THAT DUMPED THE WORLD RECORD HOLDER FOR EGREGIOUS OFFENSES...ALSO BROUGHT TO YOU BY MANY OTHER COMPANIES THAT STILL

SPONSOR SAID SLALOMER WITH THE SHADY CHARACTER!...”

(More TWBC; less Dan-O, less Smith....)