June Novice Nights at private ski sites in Michigan

MISkier

• Baller_

Introduced last year in Michigan, Novice Nights are opportunities for slalom skiers to take some passes through slalom courses on some of the excellent private ski sites in the State. This year, we have four events and the first two are approaching fast on June 5 and June 15. As a bonus, it looks like our weather will be warming up quite nicely next week and into the foreseeable future. As of this writing, there were still available slots for these events at very reasonable prices.

First up is the Westside Novice Night Jamboree #1 on Saturday, June 5 at Billy's Puddle near Grand Rapids/Hudsonville. This is an awesome purpose-built ski site and the 2021 Prostar will be handling the pulls with its world class wakes and great tracking. See the details at the link below (this lake is owned by @kurt):

https://www.mwsa.org/event/westside-novice-jamboree-1/

For those on the Eastside, the Novice Night at Lyon Ski Club event will be on Tuesday, June 15. This is another great private ski site in the Brighton/Wixom area. Check out the info (or contact @PSM) at the link below:

https://www.mwsa.org/event/novice-night-at-lyon-ski-club/

Both events are geared for those that are not already experienced tournament skiers, but can complete a deep water slalom start and cross the wake comfortably on a slalom ski. If you already ski a course on a public lake, this is a chance to do so in much more controlled conditions.

Let's get out and have some fun.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@MISkier thanks for the plug, especially seeing as i can't figure out how to start a post...

The price point is just to cover costs so come on out and lets have some fun!

Temp is forecasted to be in the mid 80's with water temps in the mid to upper 70's next weekend.

• Baller
@MISkier thanks buddy. We still have 6 spots open at Lyon. Then another one scheduled for September. Get in touch with me if you want to come out (Pete Shoemaker), would love to have you. Was a blast last year.