Vinyl looking weathered. Best product?

makeall6

• Baller

@makeall6 do you have a picture of current condition?

My go to on a deep clean for upholstery is a Harbor freight dual action polisher with an upholstery attachment. I then just use some warm soapy water and let the machine do the work. I find it gets into the texture of the vinyl to really clean out the grime. I also use the DA to polish and wax the boat so it's a great detailing tool.

https://www.harborfreight.com/7-in-10-amp-digital-variable-speed-polisher-62297.html

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/gray-carpet-brush.html?roductid=gray-carpet-brush&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CjwKCAjwzruGBhBAEiwAUqMR8CIld6pL01kybfW6TeKTh69TXpBnsfcRu1g03knUPN9g57abzrr5yRoCfqsQAvD_BwE#.YM9anWllDqs

• Baller
There was a formula change in Fantastik about ten plus years ago and the boat manufacturers started listing Fantastik directly in the manual as a do not use product. My 2012 manual says (their emphasis), “DO NOT use Formula 409 Cleaner, Fantastik or any silicone-based products.”

• Baller
@BlueSki I was aware of a change in recommendations, but didn't know if the formula changed or the vinyl changed. There's a good possibility that I have Fantastik that's over 10 years old!!

• Baller
@LeonL good point, it seems to be both. The interwebs have posts about Fantastik from the 2007 timeframe. I also remember vinyl changes in recent years that had many wondering about the pink mold growing on their seats.

• Baller_
Use “Totally Awesome” from Dollar store. This is an option and last time I suggested this I got push back. I know it’s a solvent. And somewhat harsh. If nothing else is working, try it. With really tough grime it just flat out works. Do a 50/50 with water of you like or use straight on stubborn dirt. Spray, small areas and scrub with a brush. Immediately rinse and rinse ...A LOT. Have towels on the carpet ready to catch the grime and dirt that will be dripping down the vinyl. Again, this is an option and it does work.