Open Men

58/(36.0)

Open Women

55/(34.2)

Masters Men

55/(34.2)

Masters Women

55/(34.2)

These are the maximum speeds, a skier may elect to start at the minimums for their event ( would need another chart for that)

• Baller_
It was quite windy and choppy. I think it also picked up a bit for the top 4 seeds in W4. They all missed their openers. Each looked like they were skiing down a road full of rocks.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

During men’s 3 wind picked up quite a bit. Headwind off the dock. Started looking like a down and back for lots of skiers.

@MISkier where were you sitting?? Lpskier and I were under the main tent. I was drinking IPA’s and wagering on waterskiing. Lost more then I won.

Women’s 4 wind picked up and was about a 15 head off dock with a bit of chunky water.

• Baller_
@scoke, I was home watching the webcast, which was excellent. The challenge of the conditions came through quite clearly. Massive props to those who battled out there today.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
@BS74 id say it’s around 80. The water is nice and the lake skis great, but it’s windy as heck and there is pretty good wind chop. A lot of missed openers. And a lot of missed second passes in the tail wind.

Lpskier

• Baller

@BS74 Last time I sked Regionals there those lakes ran about like our lake, so would guess 80-83F, which is where we are at.

Forecast shows Wind SW gusting to 30 mph early afternoon on Wednesday. Yikes. Could be a wakeskate event for Girls slalom.

• Baller_

Uhh, @BS74 I can't count the number of times I've seen blow outs at WPB going from a 5mph wind to 25mph within 10 minutes. Not exactly even conditions, but stuff happens and you have to be ready for it.

There have been both ideal and crap weather conditions for Nationals at each and every site the tournament has been held. Skiers simply have to deal with it.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Lp, I never said anything to the contrary, but Hopefully no more portopotties get blown over today! From the looks of the flags now it’s debatable. Lol. Probably not fun for the vacuum crew yesterday ?

Everyone up here has been great. Props to everyone busting their tails.

• Baller
The conditions on Tuesday (Mens 7) were less than ideal. But, pay your money and take your chances. In my case, I feel I screwed up and my performance should have been better regardless of the conditions. Would I liked less than 20mph winds yes, but no complaints other than I sucked. Bad conditions are the great equalizer and test of will and determination.