WEST 55k tournament this weekend

Horton

• Baller
One thing I noticed this weekend there were only 3 skiers under age 50. Which led me to a conversation with a buddy of mine. How much longer can we continue this type to tournament out any new blood? This was my first time at this type of format and it was fun. Learned a lot had 3 rounds of record skiing with some of the best drivers. So my question is what would it take to get new skiers into this event?

• Baller
@ETskier there are some really great M3-5 skiers that get into 38 39 off and choose not to compete for what ever reason. It is competitive and fun. Well worth the experience. fact that the open skier over 35 IE pros really doesn’t change the numbers and they may have to sit for a couple of years like the Big Dawg rules not sure

• Baller

ef772rzm02t1.png

@dave2ball Something tells me they don't just "choose" to not compete... a lot of the M3 skiers that can crush 39/41 at 34 still dabble a bit a 36. Or at least they were until they actually turned 35. That's a pretty big exclusion if you want to draw the "elite" 55k skiers.

• Baller

@dave2ball I totally get that you can enter the tournament at mid 38, but I also know that there are some people about to come out of M2/OM, and even some M3/OM that could make great additions. 2 years for ALL OM seems like a lot, IMO. 110 is a score of 2 at 39, 36.

I totally understand 2 years for guys on the pro tour, or say your average is mid -41. As I said, all IMO. I just agree with you, it would just be nice to see some fresh faces.

• Baller
Yeah @Drago , I took a look at the M3 rankings and there are only 2 skiers in the country with average greater than 2@41. Nobody crushing 41, and Corey Vaughn seems to be the only one crushing 39.