Are fins allowed in Tournaments?

davethewave

• Baller
Guy is either pulling your chain or doesn’t have a clue. Wings are allowed in tournaments and most skies are designed to use them. Some skiers new to the course do find that it’s easier to ski without it at first because they don’t generate enough cross-course speed yet.

• Baller

Almost anything is allowed, provided it does not move while skiing and is considered safe by the Safety Director.

Devices affixed to the ski intended to control or adjust the skiing characteristics of the ski are allowed if they are fixed so that they do not move or change during actual skiing.

Skis must be safe. There must be no unnecessary sharp or abrasive (to the touch) metal, wood or other attachments to the ski which could, in the opinion of the Safety Director, inflict injury to the skier should he come in contact with the ski in a fall.

• Baller
Does anyone else remember the adjustable brake? I think it was by EP Skis. There was a dial on the top of the fin which allowed you to change the wing angle after each pass (if you wanted to). I guess it was legal. It didn't move while the ski was in motion, but you could choose to add wing angle for faster speeds or shorter line lengths. It didn't survive - I don't know why.