Binding/Ski Question ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

I haven't come across this before so I have to ask the question, when placing a binding on a ski, as long as the Plate is not buckled, should it sit dead flat on the ski, if it doesn't and you tigthen it down and effectively the base of the binding is now a different shape, I am thinking this could change your balance and affect the way you ski on that particular ski.

Am I wrong ?

• Baller

@Stevie Boy a rubber boot plate will sit flat. A reflex hard shell type binding will net sit flat with the boot locked in. Too much pressure on the plate with out being secured. Should not affect the heel to tail measurements.

This has happened to me a bunch of times. You may want to try unclipping the heel and see if the boot sits flat to get the correct measurements.

• Baller

@dave2ball, usually yes, but I’ve seen rubber boots from new that the base does not sits flat because the overlays pull the middle up.

Not an issue after tightened, if it’s a front boot.

I’m sure though the boot in question is a hardshell.

• Baller
Unless the top of the ski is perfectly flat, there won’t be 100% contact between binding plate and ski. This is extremely apparent between my Reflex R Style rear boot, and the Omega Max ski. Probably 1/8” gap in the middle because of all the ski’s rocker under the rear foot. The G10 plate stays pretty flat.