Jacinta first woman to break 200' barrier

andjules

• Administrators
@Andre I changed out the picture you posted because if any mention of BallOfSpray is banned on water ski hub so I guess I should ban any image cut and pasted from water ski hub.

• Administrators
@Bruce_Butterfield I'm pretty sure you started with more so it might be unfair to say I've killed more. My guess is you've killed plenty.

• Baller
What an awesome moment for her! I watched it earlier and it was a joy to watch her pure happiness and pride in what she has worked so diligently to achieve. She has done something no other woman in the world has done and thats just massive impressive! Congrats Jacinta!!!

• Baller
@Horton you seriously panda'd yourself. ?Being the jumper you once were and the trips you made to Australia to ski at Moomba, etc that was a big miss. I think Thurlow's 202' was so special being at Moomba in his home country in front of a huge crowd while behind an outboard speed boat on 72 inch skis that look like trick skis compared to modern jumpers. Per capita Australia has produced some great water skiers. Jacinta is definitely doing her part. It's super cool that both the first man and now the first woman to exceed 200' are both Aussies.

• Baller
For ages women jumpers jumped a 5 ft ramp. Their max boat speed increased from 28 to 30 to 32 mph. Great women's jumpers were going 150+ off the 5 ft at 32 on the standard jump skis of the day - 70" or 72". Now they go off a 5.5 ft ramp like the men's 1 and men's 2 divisions. The women's jumpers are as impressive as the slalom and trick competitors.

• Baller
@APB Well all of us are, and the organization is, sexist, that's why. (joke) Why does the speed go down for men at 35 years old. Sure they can ski faster, but the max does go down and again at age 65, and at 75. Someone provide @APB with an answer to those cases and that may satisfy his query.

• Baller_

Congradulations to Jacinta she has worked hard for that moment and justly deserved.

Incredible for sure especially since she did it at 33.6 mph and on a 5 and a half ramp. I do think had the world adopted the universal ramp settings (ski fly ramp) She would have done it 10 years ago and there would be others that may have eclipesed the 200 mark by now also and safer!

One can only imagine the site picture to get on the ramp at only 54k or 33.6 mph and go 200' . Again fearless athlete great world record..