Its Official, We Are Totally Screwed

rodecon

• Baller_
One of the great things NY did was come out with an anti-drunk driving ad showing a guy blowing into an Intoxilizer on the side of the road, police car in the background, with the caption “You just blew $10,000.” I tripled my defense rates and no one blinked. The ad conditioned folks that they would spend $10,000 if they were arrested. Thanks NY!!

Lpskier

• Administrators
@rodecon If you think it is ok to "drink a few and drive home" then you might be an idiot. Everyone has done it but it is still deplorable.

• Baller

Yeah, 3 friends and 2 family members are dead from drunk drivers, and my wife had her face bashed into the steering wheel and lost a bunch of teeth because she was rear ended while stopped at a light by a drunk going 45mph. I'm 10000% okay with getting 100% of alcohol off the streets. It can wait until you're home. This would be great legislation.

Also this has about .00001% to do with skiing and it's already turned political, imagine that.

• Baller

@The_MS amendment…don’t drive impaired and don’t “sweat it”. U and I enjoy our drinks responsibly, but the amount of harm vs. good alcohol does is not a great comparison. Cars and boats are powerful, heavy machines—can crash em sober now try impaired and the damage done.

I know u were probably joking…but skiing or not, politics or not—if people didn’t drive impaired u don’t need regulations/rules/laws. We humans are flawed and left to ourselves too many make bad decisions with real world consequences that impact not just self but others.

I won’t jump on examples to keep from politics…tho really it’s data—sucks it gets political.

There I am somewhat triggered again.

Driving impaired is not really a ski topic, and I’m of the camp that we stick to skiing on this site.