Nautique wake at Miami Pro

whitem71

• Baller
Might be way off here but couldn’t help noticing the ‘trough’ or dip just after the wakes that caught many skiers out at the Miami pro last weekend. Looked worse at 38/39 and beyond and appeared to really throw people OTF, leading to a fair few nasty falls. Course it could be that everyone was going hell for leather at the last tourney and I’m also wondering if the deeper water was a factor?

• Baller

What you saw was skiers feeling the Miami water. It's so soft, that even when you have a less than ideal turn, it just feels so good that you think you can just bury the ski and make the next bouy. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. If it's glass calm down there, you get a little bit of roll, and you might not have a perfect turn, but you CAN make it up there....as you can see by the scores.

It's very deep and stays warm year round. When you have a little head/tail coming down the lake, it's as good as anywhere on the planet.

• Baller
hi all. I ski in Miami regularly, and the difference is the trees creating tunnel vision. I you ski like you ski anywhere else, it the same. I ski at chet's, Hobe, okee as well and the boy count and feel is the same. Th visual is totally different.