Life Vest & Wet Suit

kirkbauer

• Baller

I'm about to get back into serious regular slalom skiing this summer. Most of my experience was 25 years ago when I was in high school. I still have the (shorty) wetsuit from then. I'm thinking it is time to get a new wetsuit, or perhaps two -- a full-body (for when it is cold) and a shorty (for most other times). I prefer a wetsuit as it takes some of the sting out of many falls, etc.

Any suggestions on the best type of wetsuit(s) for slalom skiing? I'm in central Georgia if that makes a difference.

Additionally, when I was young, I never wore a life vest while doing slalom. I find the standard vests to be pretty cumbersome now. But I see pictures of people doing slalom with what appear to be pretty form-fitting/low-profile life vests. But when I search around to buy a life vest I don't seem to find vests that look like those.

• Baller
There are many types of comp vests. Zipper, pullover (cardigan) zipper with buckles, side zipper. Safety is always essential so yes always consider your skiing partner(s). Can they get you out of the water or on the platform if necessary? I have and use all types. Fortunately have never had a problem with any even in some world class falls, but have heard of others like @Jmoski that have. Yes you can get hurt in this sport!