S Lines

dbaconaz

• Baller
I like the smaller loops, easier to change lines if you are also driving, In-Tow makes mini loops which work great on MC, SN and our CP, if you have a Malibu Brenda has to make the loops a bit larger because of the pylon crown.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I got my S Lines rope today. For the record I got the Competition Series Slalom Line - Solid with fleck / Gray Mainline / 39.5' off. I free skied the rope at 28 off and I really, really like this rope. It felt a bit more stretchy than I imagined it would, but it was my first ski with it and I was coming off a rope with probably 150 sets in it (it was rock hard). Right after the ski my friends looked at the rope and I think we could see it settling in. I really loved how the rope felt while skiing. After a couple of pulls I stopped thinking about it and just skied. It felt great and I was very happy with the performance. As mentioned above the self tightening loop design is really good and it works well on my Nautique pylon.

I am one very satisfied customer and look forward to buying more S Line ropes in the future!

• Baller

Awesome to hear from so many satisfied customers!

@LK_skier in regards to S Lines ropes the R3 will have the least stretch. It's not as stiff as the HO or Radar but will definitely give you that good pull when you need it.

• Baller

v5rca2b4b4rn.jpeg

Just received mine, they look of top quality and the colors are little different than everything else, you can tell it’s a S-line.

Also slide loops look that they will fit over a Response pylon.

Can’t wait to use them this weekend.

• Elite Skier

@skierjp I’ve been skiing the ropes for the last few weeks. I've got each of the different flexes.

The competition is a good balance of a little give, but not a rubber band. To me, this is the one that is going to be the easiest transition from practice to tournament skiing.

The R3 feels like your old trusty rope right out of the box. If you want pure response and no delay of load then this is the one to get.

The softer rope is going to be great for someone that is trying to lessen the load on their body. If you have elbow or back pain the softer rope might be a good option.

The quality and accuracy of the ropes is top-shelf. He is also very willing to build the rope however customers want it. Let him know how you prefer the knots/loops etc. and he will do it.

• Baller
Had 4 sets on the competition, used it right out of the box. No issue from the first pass, no need to have couple of sets to settle in. Had one set on the s series, But I had left it in the boat and had 2 sets on it before my turn. Felt really good too. I think I will stick with the S but not sure yet. Mainly because I really like the gray mainline color of the competition. And because I ski good on both. In my mind the S will be best for my body. Haven’t measured them yet, I’m confident that they will be good.

• Baller

I’m loving my S-Series! Quality is top notch.

Coming from a optimized 2.0, I couldn’t tell a difference in how the rope feels.

Just ordered a 2nd one (minus the 15off section) and another one for a neighbor.

Customer service is fantastic, Scott is super responsive and great to work with!

• Baller
We just got ours. We chose the medium. I'm very happy with how it feels. The construction quality is excellent. I added an 18.5-off loop for my wife. She loves how our wake feels at this length and as a result feels more comfortable in her wake crossings.

• Baller
cant wait to see which pro tourney will be the first to step up and use them exclusively. i have always used masterline but wow the price difference is 2 /1. any word on handle production?

• Baller
Great rope! Received mine last week in prompt time. Ordered the stiffer one and the medium. Feel great out of the box- no prestretch. 35 feels pretty good and getting a few looks at 38. Rope is right there with me. Thanks again S Lines!!!!! btw... originally charged $140. Started mine at 28.. got a refund of $20. Awesome service.

• Baller

Two ski days on my rope so far. I went with the competition, which is the medium stretch. I'm coming off Radar ropes, which barely stretch at all. I'm also a big guy. TBH, it's taken some adjusting, but by the end of my second set today, I was feeling really good about it. I did bump the Zbox from B2 to C3 to feel the boat earlier in my turn exit, and that, with this rope, had me grinning from ear to ear.

I should have talked to Scott before ordering. He would have steered me to the stiffest rope. But I think I'll really end up liking this one. Probably not the worst thing in the world for me to be skiing on a rope that's a little kinder to the body anyways.

• Baller

@UWskier -I've had the same experience when skiing on softer ropes. Need to get on a throttle setting that is much more aggressive to be able to get moving off the ball and be able to have the speed to get off edge early enough.

Anyone playing around with "+ settings" on softer ropes at all?

• Baller
I free skied the S Series this weekend, and it felt really good. I'm suffering a torn bicep tendon and tried this rope hoping it would be easier on my injury. The softer rope helped for sure and it felt like I had delayed, but faster acceleration. I really like it so far.

• Baller
Bought and tried the S-Line R3. Right out of box no stretch at all! Love not having to break in a rope. Not waiting for a tight line, set your stack at the end of the turn and go. Easy on/off the pylon with the side loop feature. Good bang for the buck.

Ernie Schlager