Moomba Schedule

Horton

• Baller
@Horton - interesting to hear your opinion on the commentators - you're right too. I guess over here in Australia we are so removed from any international competitions except for Moomba that they do jump on the Aussie's and support them more so. Although they have been so pumped for the internationals when they are successful due to the fact we know how hard it is to get here and the expense involved for them. Hopefully next year we see a little more depth. On a different note I don't know why we wouldn't have some smaller lead up events in the weeks prior to Moomba - or after. I wonder if the pro skiers would come to another site pre or post Moomba is there was some cash reward.

• Baller

@LK_skier

We used to hold the Perth Night Jump the week after Moomba and it was well supported by the International Jumpers successfully for 4-5 years but like most things getting sponsors and organising the event took its toll eventually..

• Baller

Sounded like it was an extra cash prize that a local ski shop and GM marine put on.

I’m not sure why Joel didn’t participate, but maybe he was letting the guys who spent a lot on their trip out have a shot at it.

• Members
Yeah, they were ahead of schedule and sponsors chipped in so they ran a quick cashie. Being down on the river, was actually a pretty cool thing for everyone involved to put on (organisers, sponsors, and of course the athletes). Gave us a chance to watch these guys push it on the really short lines more than once. ????

• Baller_

Hard to tell but I wonder if GM was a sponsoring participant!! Kidding aside, looks like GM / Chevrolet is making a big marketing push in the land of Oz. Chevrolet has also made a big push in the Supercar racing series as they transition from Holden to Chevrolet down under.

https://us.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/new-look-gen3-camaro-supercar/9037308/