What handle diameter do you use?

Horton

• Members

I’ve used 1.03 for years, but started rotating through 1.03, 1.09 and 1.125 diameter handles, changing almost every day, last year. Changing the diameter on a regular basis seemed to help elbow issues. Or maybe I just pull like a G1 skier now, which also helps elbows.

After cycling through the above diameters (I have 3 of the 1.03 handles), I am pretty sure that the 1.06 would be perfect for me, as the 1.03 feels a little small now. I’d order one, but I have five perfectly good handles in adjacent diameters I feel I should wear out first.

All of my handles are 13” bent.

• Baller_
Personal preference is the .888" ones although I currently am using a .940" as this diameter has a price friendly option as they wear out in less than a year of use. I also like the elliptical bar, which seems a good simulation for a smaller diameter. Our group of skiers, 5 guys / 3 females all use .888 to .940 diameter handles. Also, use a radius handle which helps the elbow pain issue.

• Baller
I use a 1.092 13" bent and switch to a 1.00" also 13" bent sometimes for variation. I agree larger diameter seems to help with elbow pain issues. I am using glove liners now as i am just getting going -mid season I do not use them anymore.