2013 Ski Nautique 200 for sale

jad4100

• Members
More power to him if he can get $60k and maybe that is what a 2013 200 is worth in this inflationary market, but I sold my 2013 200 promo with 100hrs in 2013 for $45k. Who knew used ski boats were a solid investment and I should have held onto it and let it appreciate? I’ll bet a ton of guys tried to convince their wives of that back then…turns out they were right!

• Baller
For what it’s worth @jad4100 no one is buying a nicer new boat than what you are selling, for anything near what you are asking. If I could be in the market for a new/used boat right now, I’d still be considering your boat. It’s beautiful with low hours.

• Baller
I have driven and skied a local 2014 SN 200 a LOT. It is definitely not underpowered for slalom, jumps out of the hole, tracks great, and is very sweet to ski behind. Assume 2013 is similar?

• Baller

You're right, my bad. I said that because someone I know asked if I knew of any pucks available, because they were having trouble getting one from ZO, and I thought Garmin was mentioned. All kind of second hand information.. inserting foot in mouth now.

• Baller

Part of why I mentioned that, is some people still want to just fix their older ZO system and may be trying to get Garmin pucks. The chip needed for the Garmin puck is no longer being made, but you can still get them if you really need one.

So I didn't know how to read you comment. Are the new single puck upgrades in short supply, or are you referring to the short supply of the original Garmin pucks.

• Baller

This is somewhat relevant to this thread. Because the original ZO, which it appears this boat has, will need to either have the firmware on the original Garmin pucks updated, or be upgraded to the latest single puck ZO.

The original ZO, with the puck firmware supplied by ZO, sort of works, but doesn't work correctly at this point. That's because the GPS 18x pucks have a bug related to the GPS Week Number rollover that happened on April 6, 2019.

GPS Week Rollover

Garmin GPS 18x Firmware Issues and Updates

The bugs caused accuracy issue with the GPS data. And the accuracy varies based on which and how many satellites are in view at any point in time.

This manifests in Zero off behavior that ranges from just being somewhat out of whack to totally not working and surging badly based on the the position of the GPS satellites in the sky. I've also seen cases where the ZO diag screen reports one of the pucks is not working because of the bug.

Unfortunately, updating the puck firmware isn't a simple process. ZO doesn't provide a built-in firmware update procedure for the pucks. Additionally, it's a two part process. The actual puck firmware must be updated, which completely resets the configuration of the puck. Then the puck must be re-configured precisely as ZO expects. Otherwise, ZO won't recognize the puck.

I built the required cables, figured out the configuration of the pucks that ZO expects, and have updated our club boat. I've also heard that Perfect Pass was doing the updates for folks at one point. ZO's official "fix" is to upgrade to the new single puck GPS system.