Radar Feather Light Rear - Sequence Plate or Adapter?

• Baller

I am moving my bindings over to my new C85 from my Vapor and unfortunately they're not playing nice.

I am assuming there is a sequence plate that fixes this issue, but is there something for the rear only? I don't have any issues with my front Radar Pulse, it is only the rear Vector that is on a feather frame. In fact is only the rear mounting points too. I was hoping I could just drill new holes, but once I got the front boot placed the rear was too far forward to even drill holes.

513jaqr2pgc4.jpg

• Baller

Figured that would be the answer.

Rather unfortunate more and more boot mounting is becoming 'proprietary'. I guess I learned my lesson buying boots that are molded to the mount...

I'll probably end up fabricating my own sequence plate then. I am not spending another $200 for a new boot when this one is a season old and I prefer it to the BOA vector.

• Members

Why not fabricate a "stepped" adapter plate for just the back end area we see in the photo? It would bolt on top of the feather frame with flat-head screws coming UP through the FF and the adapter plate, going into stainless locknuts on top - the flat heads being countersunk into the bottom of the FF. The thicker section would be just past the back of that FF plate, and have two holes that align with the existing inserts.

The flat head screws coming from under the FF (I think there should be 4 of those) can be moved to different holes to allow fore/aft adjustment. OR you could have two slotted holes in the adapter plate for the two insert locations, relying on the front screws (toe end) in the FF for fixed locating purposes.

Hopefully that's clear enough that you, or someone more handy than you, can fabricate such an adapter plate. I would anticipate the adapter plate might be as wide as the feather frame and maybe 2.5" - 3" long. Made out of G-10, the thin section might be around 1/16" thick and the thick part would be that 1/16" PLUS the thickness of the FF.