Nautique 200 wake

Deep11

• Baller

Hi - we have a new 2022 200. It’s been gas converted and due to being open bow the gas tank is mounted in the space behind the passenger seat - there is nowhere else. The tank is 75l so fullup we essentially have an extra, average size, passenger on that side.

What we are finding is that with even one observer the boat sits over onto the passenger side such that it kicks a spray up off that gunnel and adds an extra rooster in the wake - at 14&13m it’s like skiing through a shower.

Is this a common problem ? Is the 200 really twitchy about balance ? (We’ve had Malibu before and one or two passengers doesn’t make much of difference - even if the boat is over slightly it didn’t have an effect on the feeling behind it.)

Maybe the 2022 is different from previous models?

We have tried moving passengers around and also added a “fat sack” behind the driver. This improves it but I’m not sure I’m happy carrying the extra weight (or having to move it around based on observers).

Tried the fat sack in the open bow but in the turn the driver gets sprayed as the front digs in!

Any advice welcome ?

• Baller
It is your weight disruption. You cannot put what you say the weight of an average person under the seat and the add an observer to the passenger also and not to expect a lean or what you call spray issues. Adding a fat sac to the bow just presses the bow into the water lifting the back where it may not have good contact with the water to track. Try adding weight behind the driver side to get a balanced boat. If the boat tracts flat with a full tank under the passenger seat and the driver is similar weight then it’s not the boat.

• Baller

I've had a RLXi, a RTXi and currently have a 200. The 200 is definitely more weight sensitive. I have two of these and it makes a world of difference. You quickly learn where to put them based on who is in the boat. I usually have one in the passenger storage compartment and one outside that I can quickly pick up and move around when we switch skiers and weight changes.

https://www.amazon.com/BALLASTExtra-Lb-Weight-Wakesurf-Surfing-Warranty/dp/B01LI2HK9W

• Baller
Try adding a very small bead of silicone sealer on the port side bottom at the rear edge to simulate some additional hook to level the boat. Believe it or not, the silicone will stay on if allowed to dry and perfectly simulate what the additional hood would do. You can play around with size width and placement until you find the optimal setup. Then duplicate the amount and size by adding some additional fiberglas hook at the exact sized and location. If you have some hook on the starboard size already you could also try removing some of that to balance the boat.

• Baller
Must be a new design, or a spin off of the Ski Natique spaceship. Every 200 I have seen including mine has the gas tank in the rear. We have up to 5 200's on our lakes. The decision makers at Correct Craft have made nothing but bad mistakes and handed the market to Mastercraft.

• Baller
@Andre That’s the way I read it. Really not Correct Crafts issue if the fuel storage system was altered. Sure there can be a fix but it’s up to the owner to come up with a solution. I’ve seen fuel tanks relocated to forward of the pylon and below the decking.

• Baller

It will be dual fuel now, LPG (propane) & petrol, it's a common thing, it starts on petrol then swaps to lpg once warmed up (keeps the ECU & injectors happy)

Having the tank in the passenger storage area is again quite commonplace with bow rider style boats. I would try just getting a 20L water bottle or 20kg weight bag and move it around the boat until you find the sweet spot, then replace with something a bit more permanent.

The Ski Nautique converted like this, seems to work nicely with the weight lining up roughly with the side of the engine box, between that and the passenger seat (when just driver), then when skiing with 1 observer, they sit roughly the same place and the bag is moved over and tucked under the driver seat. Not sure with more, I would guess with 2 observers then the weight would be moved to the other side of the drivers seat?